October 2, 2011

The Brewery Artwalk

This weekend while Bee was  at her U of A vs. USC football game, my dad, sister, and I went to The Brewery ArtWalk.







This is a twice annual open studio weekend at the worlds largest art complex. There are over 300 resident artists that live there, but only about 100 participate in the ArtWalk. They open up the gates to the Art Association and let you look inside their studios to discover new artists, sculptors, and jewelers. It was the coolest thing I have truly ever seen. The buildings were all rustic and old looking, the artists were as sweet as could be, and the atmosphere was just amazing.


This is one of the Art Studios

Here are some of  the things I loved most there. (Click on the names and you can further look at their websites and work) Enjoy!

Elephant Heart Jewelry


Michelle Janelee
She blew me away. Her latest series of systematic drawings she wrote letters and translated them into grids of colored squares and patterns. Michelle used a color alphabet to transform the story into an abstract painting.

This is up close!

This is far away- over 30ft.

Sandman Creations- Sculpture & Illuminated Art





These are just a couple of my favorite things I saw. The Brewery gives you a chance to avoid the crowds and meet the artists in their own environment by personal tours. Click Here to make an appointment -----> The Brewery Art Colony Tour. You followers really have to check it out. I will never forget the Brewery, and I know I will be back soon for a tour.

XOXO
Ily forever and ever,
SEA


No comments:

Post a Comment

Pageviews