September 12, 2011

Wedding Crashers

This weekend I went to Denver, Colorado for my Aunt Devon's Wedding. It was my first time in colorado and I was pleasantly surprised by how gorgeous it was! Of course the first place my family goes is to the biggest liquor store in town called, Applejack. It was literally the size of Costco. The picture below is of my sister and I with our favorite wine bottle we discovered... Bitch. I couldn't touch anything because I wasn't 21, so I just Owed and Awed at the funny and crazy names on all the Alcoholic Beverages. 


The next day was the wedding. We laughed till we cried and danced till the DJ shut off the music at 11 pm. Earlier that day I had mentioned to my Aunt JoJo, before I die I want to crash a wedding. So, on our way up to our room after the wedding, we passed the hotel lobby and grinned ear to ear when we realized there was a wedding party going on. Aunt JoJo and I looked at each other and we knew we were doing it. We were already in Wedding attire so why not? Nonchalantly we set our bags down on one of the empty tables and headed towards the dance floor. We danced for about 2 songs and realized we were dancing right next to the bride. The stares were getting to be a bit much, so we got our bags and on the way out signed the guest book. I can now check off wedding crashing on my bucket list.


(This is Lauren, my sister, and I at the wedding.)

Times like this weekend make me realize how lucky I am to have such an amazing family. I'm not just talking about how I am lucky to have an Aunt that will go crash a wedding with me, but how lucky I am to have a family I can count on and experience  my life with. Most friends come and go, but family is there forever. Make the most of your relationships with your mom, dad, aunts, uncles, brothers, sisters and cousins if you have them. Family is too precious to not make the most effort you possibly can in sustaining that relationship. I am so thankful to have the family that I do and I can't wait for more family trips like this one. 

ily forever and ever, 
Sea



2 comments:

  1. you two look gorgeous! :)
    http://spliffedcookies.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG I can't believe you and JoJo did that! LOL! Good for you! I'm sure you classed up the joint. The best was all of us dancing together and singing the words at the top of our lungs to "Man, I feel like a woman!" XOXO Lizzy

    ReplyDelete

Pageviews