September 12, 2011

What IS Fair in Love and War?

It was hard for my roommate and I to go to sleep last night so we found ourselves getting into a deep conversation about previous relationships we've been in and it had me thinking; why is it we get into these situations where we are so happy but to know that at some point in the end we will be right back where we started from..alone and insecure. It's hard when a relationship ends because at that point in time we feel the lowest of low. In the beginning of a relationship, though, that is when we find ourselves the most happiest, but why? We, and everyone else in the world knows that most relationships ends but somehow we let ourselves get tangled up in an emotional roller coaster. It's always difficult when we lose a love or a friend to a stupid argument or the relationship just simply isn't working out. Listening to Bryce's stories really had me realize that we go through these crazy moments in life so that someday we can reminisce about it and find that feeling of happiness. Over time when these moments fade, a sort of strength builds up inside and when we do think about our past relationships, we are able to talk about it in a good way, and not in a way in regret. I know I have had some previous relationships that I can't say the same for, because when I do talk about it, I still feel a little bit triumphed, and I'm guessing this is because I am not over it? 
It's weird how one morning we can wake up and be completely over that someone you have been worrying about constantly. But what do we do when we can't? Does that mean something significant? If only I knew. Our conversation has had me thinking all day about previous relationships I've had with boyfriends and friends and I am starting to realize that I go through these to make me a stronger person. I believe strength and happiness go hand in hand. 
To be continued...

ily forever and ever,
Bee


Sea used to do this half french braid thing on me all the time at home, miss you love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pageviews