August 4, 2013

Empire State of Mind Part 2

So it is my official last night here in the Big Apple and I am listening to "Empire State of Mind" by Jay-Z and Alicia Keys. I am listening to this not only because I am reminiscing this summer, but because my friend Charles and I sang..no..belted this song at a karaoke bar the other night. Probably one of the funniest moments of my life.
I wanted to conduct a list of the 10 most amazing things I love about this city.. and you guys would probably too. (in no order)

1. FASHIONNNNNNN. Obviously. I really feel like I have really been able to express myself here because I can wear whatever I want, and I really don't care what other people think.  I also LOVE people watching and seeing what people wear. Once a New Yorker puts on their headphones, the streets turn into their own personal runways.




2. SHOPPING. Obviously, but seriously one second you're walking off the subway and next second you're on Bleaker Street feeling like Carrie Bradshaw. Did I mention I once spent 3 hours in Saks and didn't even buy one thing?



3. MUSIC. From Frank Sinatra playing in swanky restaurants..to the small bands playing in the subway station..it's all amazing.


4. WALKING. Just being able to walk from various locations and experiencing all the beautiful neighborhoods.


5. ROOFTOPS. You really find beauty in every rooftop view because it is a breath of fresh air from the stuffy interiors of the city.




6. PEOPLE. I can be at lunch one moment with a friend and next at a charity event meeting the beauty editors of Teen Vogue and Harper's Bazaar (yes this really happened). Only in New York you can meet so many different types of people that work in the coolest professions.



7. CENTRAL PARK. Running, walking, biking, singing, dancing, tanning in this park is so relaxing. There are so many different trails and lakes, it is so calming to get lost there (in the daytime of course.)

8. BRUNCH. My favorite meal of the day. Every restaurant has amazing brunch and it doesn't matter how many of you are crowded at the table..because the food is amaze. Whether you want to turn it into a social event or just eat at a quaint little cafe with your roommate...it's the best.






9. BAKERIES. I have had probably a million croissants and cupcakes..and I do not regret any of them. I HIGHLY recommend the almond croissants from Epicerie Boulud.



10. ARCHITECTURE. They call it the concrete jungle for a reason.... the buildings here are absolutely beautiful. Some are rustic and run down, others are elaborate and have..central air. Some are hidden gems because the outside looks basic and then you walk inside and you're in a 5 bedroom house with a backyard even though the building is in the middle of a bustling street.


This city has the ability to shape someone into being the strongest person that they can be and I really felt like this has happened to me. NY has helped me open my eyes to a whole new world. I am constantly learning new things everyday.



So let's hear it for New York,

bbs
Bee



p.s
For those who are wondering why this is called part 2: a post I did in high school when I thought I was going to be attending school here.
http://beeandsea.blogspot.com/2011/01/empire-state-of-mind.html 

2 comments:

  1. You should definitely write about how you came across such an amazing opportunity and of any tips that you may have for anyone pursuing something similar.

    Love the blog! Keep up the good work :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! That will be my next post! Check back soon!

    xx,
    bee

    ReplyDelete

Pageviews