August 20, 2011

Head Rush

So, I have almost survived my first week in college and I must say, it hasn't been easy. I decided to throw myself into a little thing called sorority recruitment. I had no idea what I was getting myself into. The week consisted of flirting with girls, caking on makeup and getting heat rashes in the Tucson sun. As the week went on, I was disappointed when houses I liked kept dropping me. I wish I could explain the whole process but if I actually knew the reason why things happened, I would love to tell you. Each of my conversations with girls consisted of "where are you from? what dorm are you in? why u of a?" And I answered the same thing, just in different variations. Talking to other sorority girls; they all told me that I would just "know" what house I wanted and you go with your gut. Well, this "gut feeling" didn't happen all week, until today. It was down to the bottom two and I was so nervous my number one house would drop me..and they did(then my number three house takes its spot). I was so upset but I gave myself my own advice I had been telling other girls this week: everything happens for a reason. So, I went through pref today (going to the two houses all dressed up and spending one on one time with a girl in the chapter). My first house was bland, I didn't get that "feeling" that I had heard about. The girls were sweet but there was no wow factor. So then I went to the next house, we were taken in and stood in the foyer while we waited for a girl to recite the name of the girl they choose to talk to. I waited anxiously and prayed that it would be a girl I had talked to earlier in the week. So when she came up and said my name, I actually couldn't have been happier. The feeling was mutual. For those reading this and have never been through recruitment you might think the whole process is bizarre. And it kind of is. But spending time with a potential "sister" is a "feeling" I can't explain. It is a sense of security and it makes you feel at ease. So today I vote for my number one house and tomorrow is bid day. I will have to wait almost twenty four hours to see if I get my house of choice. When I open that envelope and it isn't them, I will admit that I will be sad but then I go back to my morals and remember everything happens for a reason. It's been a long and grueling week and it is almost over. I will keep you updated!
ily forever and ever,
Bee

3 comments:

Pageviews